s Amazon FBA vs. Shopify Dropshipping - Comparison Thread

SMM Nova Forum

Official forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Nhat LeAmazon FBA vs. Shopify Dropshipping - Comparison Thread
Amazon is better I think because you can directly sell in ebay, and you are paying only for the advertisement when you manage to make a sell, what better than this?
(08-07-2018, 05:17 PM)CarpeNoctem Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 05:16 PM)zebek Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 05:16 PM)CarpeNoctem Wrote: Thank you very much for this thread! I was a bit unaware of Amazon FBA to be honest.
I need to get this straight though.
You buy from a supplier - gets shipped to an Amazon warehouse - Amazon handles everything for you, even putting up your product (?)
Comprendé?

Great thread nonetheless.

You have to create your listing of course.

So you create your listing with xxx given product - then Amazon receives the product at their Warehouse and handles pretty much the rest for you? Of course some administration and management needs to be taken care of, but sounds too simple for me.

Pretty much, but you also have to manage restocking the inventory and running PPC campaigns to increase sales. There’s some other smaller things you have to do but that’s the general gist of it.
(08-07-2018, 05:16 PM)CarpeNoctem Wrote: Thank you very much for this thread! I was a bit unaware of Amazon FBA to be honest.
You buy from a supplier - gets shipped to an Amazon warehouse - Amazon handles everything for you, even putting up your product (?)
Comprendé?

So you create your listing with xxx given product - then Amazon receives the product at their Warehouse and handles pretty much the rest for you? Of course some administration and management needs to be taken care of, but sounds too simple for me.

It's simple however you end up paying a total of about 33% of your profits to Amazon.
However, I think this is worth it because Amazon fba service is a PRIVILEGE you pay for IMO.
OP, I have a question however!

Do you reckon a $2000 dollar investment would be enough for this business model? My item price range would be reaching a $15-$25 dollar price and all would be ordered in BULK from asian sites such as AliExpress.
Also, when packaging, let's say you order 100 items from AliExpress and they all come in a big box. You sell every item individually or in a 2-4pack. Do they package every single sale you make into another box and ship it to the customer, or do you have to send it to them properly packaged? 
I ask this because I cannot handle my inventory as I don't reside in the US. 
Would be nice to hear back from you, cheers.
(08-12-2018, 06:17 PM)zebek Wrote:
Comprendé?

It's simple however you end up paying a total of about 33% of your profits to Amazon.
However, I think this is worth it because Amazon fba service is a PRIVILEGE you pay for IMO.

Do you reckon a $2000 dollar investment would be enough for this business model? My item price range would be reaching a $15-$25 dollar price and all would be ordered in BULK from asian sites such as AliExpress.
Also, when packaging, let's say you order 100 items from AliExpress and they all come in a big box. You sell every item individually or in a 2-4pack. Do they package every single sale you make into another box and ship it to the customer, or do you have to send it to them properly packaged? 

$2,000 is more than enough for the starting budget. You can either send them properly packaged or have them do it for you but that will cost more $$ from AMZ. Your supplier should package everything properly for you.
Comprendé?

Don't buy from Aliexpress. They're dropshippers/manufacturers selling at sale price. Aliexpress is B2C. Go to Alibaba for B2B.

Great comparison, by the way!
(08-12-2018, 06:18 PM)Adam Steinberg Wrote:
Comprendé?

Don't buy from Aliexpress. They're dropshippers/manufacturers selling at sale price. Aliexpress is B2C. Go to Alibaba for B2B.

Great comparison, by the way!

This. 

Alibaba, DHGate, there are a few others as well. Definitely don't use AliExpress.
I like your article, but isn't keep paying fees for amazing even tho you are not selling is a huge con that you did not focus on it well! Every day your items are sitting there in their warehouse is an extra fee.